RAINFOREST WORLD MUSIC FESTIVAL

Sunday, July 13, 2008

RAINFEST virgins like me wouldn't know what to expect how the Rainforest World Music Festival would come out to be. I'd say prepare! before you decide to go if you want to have the optimum fun! Here might be some things you'd expect:

1) Hot damsels in bikinis or little clothes
2) People dancing in the rain
3) A crowd of sweaty party animals
4) Exotic funky music you'd never heard before
5) People of all races coming together

Of course these are the normal, you might say 'good' things you'd expect. There are of course, the bad:

1) A few inches of mud if it rains
2) Smokers everywhere
3) Not-so-presentable-guys trying to get lucky with gals
4) Having a hard time getting yourself a room

So I only went for the Saturday night party even though it was three nightes. That morning I was packing and doing so reminded me of someone who brought only one pair of underwear last year. Poor undies. It couldn't take its bath and had to endure being worn by its owner for 3 days. So we drove there and n the way, Martin, Brendan and me had Big Apple donuts!!

THE PRE CONCERT





THE CONCERT







Pictures with captions best describes the whole event I must say. But of course the ones above don't explain much. Now I apoligize for lacking pictures and the ones that I have turn out to be poor quality-ed. So! The ground was enexpectically muddy due to the rain the previous day, or else it'd be grass with some sand. Everyone took off their shoes or flip flops and go party in the mud. If you've been keeping up with music on the radio you would find the music here weird, some in different languages, more precisely their music were styles from all around the world, perhaps some place you never heard before. I did not stay till the very end but all the while i was there, I must say our local music was among the best. By that I meant the group from Sarawak which had a mixture of modern and traditional sounds in their music. Those camwhorin sessions were when the performance was on the treetop stage, far from our location near the main stage. So all in all, it's a good party, great time if you just want to get out of your routines! And those who went, good for you! But those who did not, well there is always next time. TILL NEXT YEAR!!

THE SHORT TALK
"I've been away for only two days and shit like this happens." That's Chester refering to Najib taking over Badawi in 2010 in his blog. I do agree with him. As heard, Najib is a very pro-malay kind of person. Call me a racist. We all are, and the west are worse. So my brother just came back from London, and he commented "Everything is rubbish in Malaysia." Do ponder.

0 comments: