SINGAPORE CITY

Saturday, October 4, 2008

THE FACT THAT I'M BEING FED WELL Going into Singapore and staying in my aunty's house is like entering some rich zoo. Big plate of lasagna rite on the first nite and dessert would be cakes from Gastronomia Da Paolo. Honestly I never heard of a place like that. A must buy cake, ranging from banana caramel with chocolate cake (real bananas okay), some coffee flavoured and very creamy with biscuit-like base. Okay I realise I'm bad with words when it comes to cakes. But these rich creamy cake arn't cheap at all. $ 8 for a small box and that would be aproximately RM19.52 after conversion. So, next I was fed with japanese curry (big plate okay), and one whole plate of fish. Yeap. Just fish and some potatoes. Don't remember eating that much fish in one meal. By the way, Gastronomia Da Paolo can be found in Paragon, ground floor next to cold storage.

SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX Got to say that Marina Bay street circuit is one of a kind. Porbably the best circuit I have seen. If you were to take still photos of the race, you'd see buildings in the backgrund and it's pretty obvious that it's a street where people drive and walk. Brilliant. Very brilliant. I'm not a fan of grand prix at all. But I happen to be there at the moment, so i watched it live on tv, just to catch all the mistakes and crashes, hehe. It was quit exciting actually to watch Felipe Massa drive off with the fuel nozzle still stuck on the car :p


LAVATORIES It's totally free! Seriously it is. Unlike here, you don't have to pay 20 cents for answering Nature's call. Reminds me of phones. 20 cents per call.

LIFESTYLE Not a single Proton or Perodua if you walk along the streets, maybe just the Woodlands Checkpoint you'd see terrible ugly looking Johorian cars. In contrast, everywhere you would be able to see Porshes, Jaguars, Mercedes', BMWs. As for trains, having travelled in Kuala Lumpur before, the trains here are much more efficient and easier to use. Every train uses one company and it's all using magnetic signals during payments. So are the buses. Talking about lifestyles, I came across many ERPs(Electronic Road Payment) which I didn't realise it was there the last trip. Reminds me of the movie Money Not Enough 2 where Singaporeans were complaining about the ERPs sucking up all their money. Haha. Now I know why, they're rather expensive and there are many on the roads!!

one of the train stations.


ya ya. waiting for the train :p



Money No Enough :p

WOODLANDS CHECKPOINT One thing I noticed about the officers checking at the Woodlands Checkpoint is the difference between Singaporean officers and Malaysian officers. Singaporean officers would demand you to open the car boots and check the bags while Malaysian officers would just let you go upon waving at them. No wonder so many immigrants in Malaysia! Who knows how many people have they smuggled into Malaysia already. Haha.

PIG LININGS Haha. Who knew Puma shoes were made out of pig linings. I wonder why in Malaysia they never tell customers that they are of pig linings. Haha. Im laughing my ass off now and you know why.



0 comments: